JD, University of Virginia School of Law
BA, Industrial and Labor Relations, Cornell University
Dan Brozost is a partner at Raines Feldman LLP, and serves as the co-chair of the firm’s real estate practice group. His practice has an emphasis on transactional real estate and corporate matters, including acquisitions and dispositions of real property, leasing, financing and formation and structuring of joint ventures, partnerships and limited liability companies. Dan represents a wide array of clients, including public and private real estate investment companies and funds, developers, investment advisors, financial institutions, private equity investment firms, national retail and restaurant chains, entrepreneurs and high-net worth families and individuals. Dan’s experience includes dealing with a wide variety of asset types, including office and industrial properties, retail centers, residential developments, redevelopment projects, condominium projects and hotels.
Prior to joining Raines Feldman LLP, Dan worked in the Los Angeles offices of Latham & Watkins LLP and Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP.
Dan’s publishing credits include: “Realizing Receiverships’ Rewards and Risks,” Scotsman Guide (Sept. 2010); “Pros and Cons of Loan Assumptions,” National Real Estate Investor (Nov/Dec 2009); and “Managing Borrowers’ Great Expectations,” Scotsman Guide (Nov. 2009). Dan was a panelist for CLE webinar presentations entitled “Purchasing Bank Notes Secured by Real Estate” (Dec. 9, 2010) and “Receiverships: An Effective Remedy for Distressed Commercial Real Estate” (Sept. 9, 2010).
- Ongoing representation of a national chain of fast casual eateries in leasing transactions in several states.
- Represented national big box retailer in leasing transactions in several states.
- Ongoing representation of an institutional investment group in connection with all aspects of asset management and real property dispositions.
- Ongoing representation of a pension fund-sponsored real estate portfolio in connection with asset management and dispositions.
- Represented a national industrial landlord in connection with its acquisition, financing, repositioning and disposition of a 250,000 square foot industrial office park.
- Represented the buyer in connection with its acquisition of a multi-unit network of Dunkin Donut franchises, including structuring and negotiating equity and debt financing.
- Represented the joint venture purchaser of a distressed business park as part of a deed-in-lieu of foreclosure transaction involving the seller of the property and its lender.
- Represented court-appointed receiver in the leasing, financing and disposition of a large, high-profile retail center.
- Negotiated and structured the acquisition, syndication and financing of several industrial properties on behalf of institutional sponsors.
- Represented sponsors in connection with the acquisition and financing of several hundred multi-family units.
- Represented a large privately-held real estate company in connection with the modification of a multimillion dollar credit facility backed by a portfolio of assets.
- Drafted, negotiated and closed over $400M in CMBS loans on behalf of an institutional lender.