JD, University of San Diego School of Law
BS, Finance, Cornell University
Jason Belice is a partner at Raines Feldman LLP and serves as the Chair of the firm's Corporate and Securities Group. He is a corporate, real estate and securities transactional attorney with over 16 years of legal and business experience in all aspects of representing privately and publicly held companies. Jason’s corporate practice includes domestic and international mergers and acquisitions, private placements of equity and debt, venture capital financings, film and entertainment financings, corporate governance, reorganizations, employee equity and compensation arrangements, entity formation and counseling senior company executives on complex legal and compliance issues. Jason’s real estate practice includes complex real estate acquisitions joint ventures and dispositions and private placements of real estate securities and syndications, including limited liability company, limited partnership, tenant-in-common and Delaware Statutory Trust offerings and fund formations. Jason’s securities practice includes compliance with the Securities Act of 1933, the Exchange Act of 1934 and the Investment Advisors Act of 1940 and preparing and filing Forms S-1, S-3, S-8, 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K and Proxy Statements.
Prior to joining Raines Feldman LLP as the Chair of the Corporate and Securities Group, Jason practiced with the law firms of Baker & McKenzie and was a Partner at Luce Forward Hamilton and Scripps, LLP. Jason has also served as the General Counsel to a privately held health care company and a publicly traded diversified holding company.
- Prepared and closed over $1 billion in private placement Regulation D securities offerings.
- Represented private and public companies in negotiating, structuring and closing domestic and international mergers and acquisitions with market values between $1 million to over $1 billion.
- Managed Sony Music Entertainment and Bertelsmann AG’s joint venture in 50 jurisdictions worldwide creating SONY BMG MUSIC ENTERTAINMENT. Managed the merger and integration aspects of the SONY/BMG transaction in South America, Central America and Asia/Pacific.
- Represented investor group in sale of an 18 theater movie-plex property for approximately $31 million to a publicly traded REIT.
- Represented real estate holding company in purchase of 19 national restaurant chain properties in nine states for a purchase price of $38 million.
- Represented U.S. software company in acquisition of Mexican software company for $60 million.
- Represented biotech company in $20 million Series C preferred financing.
- Represented international golf course development company in $90 million Regulation S placement of debentures.
- Represented optical networking systems company in $30 million Series B preferred stock private placement and Regulation S placement in Italy, Spain, Switzerland, the U.K., Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates.
- Represented U.S. manufacturer in a Standard Chartered Bank $50 million term loan and revolving credit facility.
Jason is a member of The Salvation Army Los Angeles Metropolitan Advisory Board.
Jason’s community involvement includes support of Cornell University and the Fellowship of Christian Athletes and has included serving on the Board of Directors of Camp Fire USA, a well-known non-profit organization dedicated to positive, balanced, proactive championship of today’s youth and families.
"Do benefits of crowdfunding outweigh risks" - Daily Journal (July, 2012).
State Bar of California, Beverly Hills Bar Association, and Cornell Club of Los Angeles.