Andrew H. Raines represents many of the most successful and innovative real estate companies in the US. As a veteran transactional attorney with over 30 years of deal flow experience, Andrew advises his clients through every stage of commercial real estate investment, leasing and development transactions from inception through conclusion. He is a national expert in commercial leasing, having represented institutional landlords and major tenants in their headquarters, regional and local lease agreements. His clients include private companies, US and international government entities and high-net-worth individuals and family offices.
Andrew’s clients regard him as a counselor and trusted advisor and have sought his advice and counsel over the years concerning a full range of real estate, corporate and general business transactions.
As a founding partner of the firm, Andrew brings to the practice of law decades of real-world business experience as a real estate investor. Andrew believes in mentorship, instilling in the firm’s attorneys the values of hard work and dedication which launched the firm’s growth and accomplishments. He is a partner to his clients in the truest sense of the word and watches over their business interests to preserve and protect their success.
Significant Engagements & Transactions
- Responsible for negotiating over 15+ million square feet of office, retail and industrial leases on behalf of national and multi-national tenants and landlords in major metropolitan markets in the United States.
- Represent national landlords and tenants in the creation of their transactional forms of a lease, purchase agreement, sales agreement, management agreements, listing agreements and related asset management contracts.
- Representation of significant family offices in structuring and negotiating their asset acquisition and allocation, entity formation and due diligence activities.
- Expert representation of cannabis companies in their real estate acquisition and leasing requirements.
- Represent major brokerage companies in their transactional matters and their compliance with ethical duties.
- Represented real estate activities of buyers and investor groups in negotiating, structuring and closing major re-capitalization and corporate restructuring of companies through sale-leaseback of industrial real estate properties, machinery and equipment.
- Negotiated and structured the purchase and development of landmark hotel and hospitality projects from conceptual stages through development and opening.
- Representation of national retail chains and numerous restaurant companies and franchises in leasing activities throughout the US.
- Representation of trophy office properties in receivership throughout Southern California for leasing and sale transactions.
- Negotiated and structured numerous inbound direct foreign investments in the U.S by Asia-Pacific based investors.
- Representation of US-based international branding companies in their manufacturing, distribution and licensing activities in Europe and Asia.
- Far-reaching expertise in representing Japanese consular offices in negotiations for headquarters locations for West Coast consular office.
Publications, Recognitions & Speaking Engagements
- A frequent lecturer and author, Andrew has been quoted and published in numerous business publications including Bloomberg, CNN Money, iGlobal Real Estate Forum, California Real Estate Journal, and Investor’s Business Daily. He is a featured speaker before such organizations as the Urban Land Institute, IMN Conferences, iGlobal, the California REO Broker’s Association, LACRA, NAIOP and major commercial brokerage companies throughout California.
- Honored in Los Angeles Business Journal LA500 List
- Awarded “Commercial Leasing Lawyer of the Year” by the Century City Bar Association.
- Executive Board Member – Board of Directors of the Tower Cancer Research Foundation
- Member of the Board of Directors of White Heart Foundation — Serving America’s Heroes
- Member – Princeton Club of Southern California
- Member – Century City Bar Association
- Seven Raines Feldman Attorneys Named to 2023 Best Lawyers Guide
- Raines Feldman Represents Cohen Asset Management in Joint Venture to Acquire Funko Distribution Center for $130M
- Raines Feldman Founders Honored as Top 100 Attorneys by Los Angeles Business Journal
- Andrew Raines Quoted by Law360 on Ways the Russia-Ukraine War Could Affect US Real Estate
- Raines Feldman Attorneys Recognized in 2022 Edition of Best Lawyers in America
- Andrew Raines Discusses Rent Abatement and Force Majeure Clauses in Commercial Leases on Law360.com
- Raines Feldman LLP is proud to announce that partners Miles Feldman, Andrew Raines, and Beth Schroeder have been recognized in the 2021 edition of The Best Lawyers in America
- Raines Feldman LLP Founding Partner Andrew Raines honored in Los Angeles Business Journal LA500 List