Beth Schroeder is a preeminent Labor & Employment counsel. She has over three decades of experience in representing employers in all aspects of employment and labor law, including the defense of employment-related lawsuits involving wrongful termination, harassment, discrimination, wage and hour issues and related claims both individual and class action.
Beth works with business owners, general counsel and human resource professionals to provide extensive day-to-day counseling and advice, risk management, compliance and strategic planning in the prevention of employment-related claims. She also conducts non-harassment and other employee training classes, drafts employee handbooks and other personnel documentation, prepares employment contracts, and conducts extensive audits for wage and hour compliance.
Beth is a regular speaker, host and moderator at conventions, conferences and seminars across the country and internationally on topics of wage and hour, sexual harassment, risk management, personnel policies and other employment law matters. Beth also is an advisory member and works closely with several trade associations, and she sits on the Board of the LA Chapter of the California Restaurant Association. Her articles on employment law regularly appear in several local and national publications.
Notably, Beth was named Century City Bar Association’s Labor and Employment Lawyer of the Year for 2017.
Beth currently serves as Chair of the firm’s Labor & Employment practice group.
- Board Member, Santa Monica Chamber of Commerce
- Named Century City Bar Association’s Labor & Employment Lawyer of the Year, 2017
- Named among Best Lawyers in America®, 2016—2018
- Selected as a Southern California Super Lawyer, 2013, 2017, 2019
Publications, Recognitions & Speaking Engagements
Beth speaks regularly to the following associations on topics of wage and hour, sexual harassment, employment law updates, and other employment law matters:
- Professionals in Human Resources Association (PIHRA)
- Professional Liability Underwriters Society (PLUS)
- California Restaurant Association (CRA)
- Association of Legal Administrators
- California Delivery Association
- California Fashion Association
Beth has also been published regularly on employment law topics and quoted frequently as an expert in such publications as The Los Angeles Times, The Los Angeles Daily Journal, The Los Angeles Business Journal, and Law360.