Kathryn (“Katie”) Nadro, CIPP/US, leads Raines Feldman’s Data Security and Privacy practice. Katie advises clients on a diverse array of business matters, including data security and privacy compliance, commercial and business disputes, and employment issues. Katie works with individuals and businesses of all sizes to craft successful resolutions tailored to each individual matter.
Katie is a Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/US) and counsels clients on a variety of data security and privacy issues, including breach response, policy drafting, program management, data collection, vendor management, and compliance with ever-changing state, federal, and international privacy law. Katie also has broad litigation experience representing companies and individuals in contract, non-compete, discrimination, harassment, fiduciary duty, and trade secret litigation in state and federal court and arbitration. With a background as both in-house and outside counsel, Katie understands that business objectives, time, and resources play an important role in reaching a favorable outcome for each client.
- Represented a large entertainment company in successful breach of contract litigation, winning over $500,000 for our client.
- Successfully represented a medical practice in interstate litigation against a large hospital group.
- Won at trial defending a small business owner from breach of contract claims.
- Represented a lead generation company in litigation brought by a former employee.
- Represented a small business owner in trade secrets litigation against a former employee.
- Women’s Mentoring Program, University of Chicago Law School Newsletter Editor, ABA Section of Litigation’s Ethics & Professionalism Committee