Leticia Kimble is an experienced litigator with a practice that focuses on complex business and intellectual property litigation, business and entertainment contract disputes, and all aspects of employment and labor law, including the defense of employment-related lawsuits involving wrongful termination, harassment, discrimination, and wage and hour issues.
Leticia handles every stage of litigation, from inception to finish, including extensive motion practice, discovery, depositions, trial, and settlement. In addition, she also has transactional experience obtaining, protecting, and exploiting copyrights and trademarks, negotiating distribution agreements, and counseling start-up companies on their corporate formation, employment issues, and corporate governance.
Leticia conducts diversity and inclusion training classes for managers and employees. Leticia is also a regular speaker, host, and moderator on emerging legal issues in employment and business matters.
- Southern California Super Lawyer Rising Star (2017—2022)
- Los Angeles Business Journal Leader of Influence: Labor and Employment (2022)
- Black Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles
- Beverly Hills Bar Association
- Century City Bar Association
- Los Angeles Country Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Association of Title IX Investigators
- Advisor to numerous entertainment startups and talent in Los Angeles
- Supporter of animal rescue organizations
- Active in various alumni groups for the University of Southern California and University of Michigan
Significant Engagements & Transactions
- Second chaired and successfully obtained complete defense verdict in four-week long jury trial brought against a household employer with claims of racial and national origin harassment and wage and hour violations.
- Represented an employer in the successful appeal of a nearly $300,000 attorney fee award to plaintiff’s counsel in Betancourt v. OS Rest. Servs., LLC, 49 Cal. App. 5th 240 (2020), reh’g denied (May 18, 2020).
- Chaired and successfully obtained six-figure verdict in a probate bench trial involving numerous claims, including breach of fiduciary duty and financial elder abuse
- Second chaired and successfully obtained a multi-million-dollar verdict in a defamation action on behalf of Las Vegas casino.