Daniel S. Brozost
Dan Brozost is a founding partner at Raines Feldman LLP, and serves as the co-chair of the firm’s real estate practice group. His practice has an emphasis on transactional real estate matters, including acquisitions and dispositions of real property, leasing, financing and related corporate matters. Dan has extensive recent experience with respect to tenant-side retail leasing, having drafted and/or negotiated hundreds of retail leases for various clients over the past few years. Dan represents a wide array of clients, including public and private real estate investment companies and funds, developers, financial institutions, private equity investment firms, national retail and restaurant chains, entrepreneurs and high-net worth families and individuals. Dan’s experience includes dealing with a wide variety of asset types, including office and industrial properties, retail centers, multi-family residential developments and redevelopment projects.
Prior to joining Raines Feldman LLP, Dan worked in the Los Angeles offices of Latham & Watkins LLP and Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP.
J.D., University of Virginia School of Law
B.A., Cornell University
Industrial and Labor Relations
- Ongoing national representation of several restaurant concepts in retail leasing transactions.
- Ongoing national representation of privately held big box retailer in retail leasing transactions.
- Ongoing representation of an institutional multi-family investment group in connection with all aspects of asset management and real property acquisitions and dispositions.
- Ongoing representation of an institutional real estate fund in connection with asset management, acquisitions and dispositions of retail, office and multi-family projects.
- Represented a national industrial landlord in connection with its acquisition, financing, repositioning and disposition of a 250,000 square foot industrial office park.
- Represented a national industrial landlord in connection with its acquisition of a 500,000 square foot industrial property as part of a joint venture with an institutional equity partner.
- Represented the joint venture purchaser of a distressed business park as part of a deed-in-lieu of foreclosure transaction involving the seller of the property and its lender.
- Represented court-appointed receiver in the leasing, financing and disposition of a large, high-profile retail and office center.
- Negotiated and structured the acquisition, syndication and financing of several industrial properties on behalf of institutional sponsors.
- Represented sponsors in connection with the acquisition and financing of several hundred multi-family units.
- Represented a large privately-held real estate company in connection with the modification of a multimillion dollar credit facility backed by a portfolio of assets.
- Drafted, negotiated and closed over $400M in CMBS loans on behalf of an institutional lender.
Dan’s publishing credits include: “Realizing Receiverships’ Rewards and Risks,” Scotsman Guide (Sept. 2010); “Pros and Cons of Loan Assumptions,” National Real Estate Investor (Nov/Dec 2009); and “Managing Borrowers’ Great Expectations,” Scotsman Guide (Nov. 2009). Dan was a panelist for CLE webinar presentations entitled “Purchasing Bank Notes Secured by Real Estate” (Dec. 9, 2010) and “Receiverships: An Effective Remedy for Distressed Commercial Real Estate” (Sept. 9, 2010).