David H. Jones
David H. Jones is a business litigator at Raines Feldman LLP, representing a variety of businesses with a particular emphasis on the health care industry.
David has experience handling litigation matters in state court, federal court, arbitration, and before administrative bodies. He has represented clients ranging from small businesses to large corporations in a variety of disputes, including shareholder derivative suits, breach of contract actions, business torts, FHA/FEHA claims, class action suits, labor and employment matters, real estate, construction defect, product liability, toxic torts, and catastrophic personal injury.
David has also counseled individuals and businesses in transactional matters.
Prior to joining Raines Feldman, David was an attorney at a prominent national law firm.
Away from work, David is an avid waterman and outdoor enthusiast. He also enjoys traveling abroad to Latin America and Europe.
J.D., Southwestern Law School
magna cum laude
B.A., University of Denver
United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
United States District Court, Central District of California
United States District Court, Eastern District of California
United States District Court, Northern District of California
Los Angeles County Bar Association
Association of Southern California Defense Counsel
Constitutional Rights Foundation Mock Trial Program
- Prevailed on motion for summary judgment on behalf of fitness facility in California state court proceeding on the basis that the facility could not be liable under various product liability theories because the facility was outside the stream of commerce and more properly categorized as an end user of the product.
- Achieved dismissal with waiver of costs for fitness facility in state court proceeding utilizing a motion for summary judgment predicated upon a release and waiver of liability.
- Defended HVAC manufacturer in multiple Nevada state and federal court class action lawsuits with allegations of product defect.
- Settled a catastrophic personal injury suit for a nominal amount action on behalf of a California electrical contractor.
- Worked on a trial team that obtained a defense verdict for a product manufacturer in a multimillion-dollar product liability action in California state court.
- Assisted in the defense of a publicly traded corporation in a multimillion-dollar real property dispute, prevailing on multiple motions to compel depositions of corporate witnesses.
- Obtained the dismissal of a party in a multi-million dollar toxic tort suit for lack of jurisdiction.
- Successfully defended a fashion company in multiple actions before the California Department of Labor and Standards Enforcement.
- Negotiated and drafted a joint venture agreement between publically traded company and a Chinese firm.