David J. Masutani
David Masutani is a veteran business litigator and trial lawyer at Raines Feldman LLP, and has represented clients in a broad range of industries and areas for more than twenty years. He regularly litigates and arbitrates business matters involving employment discrimination, wage and hour disputes, real estate and lending litigation, general business litigation, and health plan provider disputes.
J.D., University of Southern California, Gould School of Law
B.A., University of Southern California, Marshall School of Business
Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
U.S. District Court for the Central, Southern and Eastern Districts of California and of Colorado
Beverly Hills Bar Association
Member, Employment Law Section
- Represents major California health plans in arbitrated and litigated matters involving hospital and other provider claims for payment. Disputes generally involve issues related to coverage, coordination of benefits, other payers, disallowed charges, fee schedule, medical necessity, claims timeliness, experimental/investigational, pre-existing condition, EOC exclusions, contract interpretation, misrepresentation, and rescission.
- Represented casino in a wide range of employment matters, including discrimination, wage/hour and Private Attorney General Act (PAGA) lawsuits, as well as hearings before the Labor Commissioner’s Office.
- Represented a major financial institution in mortgage, servicing and credit reporting litigation matters.
- Prosecuted and defended real estate litigation matters involving breaches of contract, conversion, trespass, and construction defects.
- Represented physicians and hospitals in medical malpractice lawsuits.
- Defended product liability cases involving automobiles, heavy machinery, and recreational equipment..
- Co-Authored "'Trauma' Contract Ambiguities Can Potentially Cost Health Plans Big Money" BNA Health Plan & Provider Report, Vol. 14 No. 14, April 2, 2008.