Entertainment & Media Litigation
We bring a deep understanding of the laws governing content and contracts, years of experience and common sense to win and solve problems. We regularly litigate sophisticated disputes involving, not only motion pictures, television and music, but also sports, publishing, fashion, hospitality, web, social media and interactive gaming.
The group routinely achieves successful results in cutting-edge cases before state and federal courts, numerous arbitral panels (including the talent guilds and IFTA), and administrative agencies such as the California Labor Commission. The group’s lawyers have been at the forefront of many of the landmark cases involving the entertainment and media industries.
- Royalty and Participation, Audits and Disputes
- Motion Picture Financing and Distribution
- Content Protection/Ownership/Licensing
- Publicity Rights
- Employment/Executive Disengagements
- Guild Arbitrations
- Relationships between or among Talent Agencies, Managers and Artists
- File-sharing, Domain name and other Internet and Multimedia Disputes