Eric B. Blum
Eric B. Blum is a partner at Raines Feldman LLP, and concentrates his practice in real estate, representing lenders, financial institutions, developers, special servicers and property owners in acquisition and construction financing, loan restructurings, foreclosures and deed-in-lieu transactions. He also has extensive experience representing landlords and tenants in large office, industrial and retail lease negotiations, and purchasers and sellers in the sale of improved and unimproved real property.
Prior to joining Raines Feldman LLP, Eric practiced with the national law firms of Polsinelli Shughart LLP and Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP.
J.D., University of Southern California
B.A., University of California, Berkeley
- Represented lender in acquisition loan to a major big-box retailer in Southern California.
- Represented lender in construction loan for a large retail development in Los Angeles County, California.
- Represented lender in negotiation and documentation of a deed-in-lieu of foreclosure transaction for a master-planned residential golf course community in Los Angeles County, California.
- Represented CMBS lenders in all aspects of CMBS financing transactions.
- Represented financial institutions in workout scenarios ranging from simple loan extensions and forbearance agreements to complex restructurings.
- Represented CalPERS and one of its discretionary partners in the negotiation and drafting of several large industrial leases.
- Represented major entertainment company as tenant in lease of office building in Burbank, California.
- Represented tenant in lease of 47,000 square foot warehouse for distribution of film.
- Represented tenant in lease of retail space in office buildings in Century City and Irvine, California.
- Represented purchaser in connection with a sale-leaseback transaction for a 67,000 square foot office building in San Francisco, California.
Real Property Law Section of the State Bar of California
Los Angeles County Bar Association