Jeremy is an associate with experience representing a broad range of clients in diverse litigation and transactional matters. He has successfully defended law firms in “bet the firm” malpractice actions, counseled entertainment clients on contractual matters, advised an employer in a wrongful termination case, counseled a fashion designer in an intellectual property dispute, represented a lawyer in a defamation lawsuit and defended the Vegas Summer League against a breach of contract claim, to name a few. Prior to joining Raines Feldman, Jeremy was an attorney at prominent international, national and regional firms.
J.D., University of California, Los Angeles, School of Law
B.A., University of California, Los Angeles
United States District Court for the Central District of California
- Successfully defended a law firm in a confidential binding arbitration against a $100 million transactional malpractice claim involving the sale of a mortgage origination business to an investment bank. Following a two-month hearing and extensive briefing, the Arbitrator ruled the claimants were entitled to nothing and awarded the law firm $7 million in fees and costs as the prevailing party.
- Represented a law firm in a confidential binding arbitration where a Receiver for a company sued the law firm for over $500 million for professional negligence, aiding and abetting breaches of fiduciary duty and disgorgement of fees. After discovery demonstrated the inability of the Receiver to prove breach of the standard of care, “but for” causation or damages, the case settled on terms favorable to the law firm.
- Obtained a judgment for a landlord client in its breach of contract action against its former tenant. At the close of trial, the Court awarded the landlord more than $100,000 in damages and its attorneys’ fees and costs.
- Counseled a member of the Beach Boys on assorted issues concerning the band.
- Rendered legal services for the co-founder of Maker Studios.
- Represented the Vegas Summer League in a contract dispute involving a former NBA general manager.
- Counseled a representative of the Black Eyed Peas on a First Amendment matter.
- Advised Live Earth in connection with a major international concert.
- Defended a company against an executive’s $8 million wrongful termination and unlawful retaliation action.
- Pursued a clothing manufacturer’s $10 million breach of contract action against a licensed apparel wholesaler.
- Prosecuted a lender’s $12 million claim against a borrower’s counsel for opinion letter misrepresentations.
- Counseled a non-profit on hosting a presidential debate.