Jonathan D. Littrell
Jonathan Littrell has significant transactional experience in a broad range of real estate, corporate, private equity and securities disciplines. Jonathan’s corporate practice includes the representation of public and privately held companies in all aspects of corporate governance and finance including entity selection and formation, corporate structuring and restructuring, formation of funds and joint ventures, private placement of debt and equity and securities filings. Jonathan’s real estate practice includes the representation of real estate investment companies in transactions including acquisitions, dispositions, land-use and development, receiverships, leasing and financing.
Prior to joining Raines Feldman LLP, Jonathan was a Project Manager for a prominent Los Angeles development company specializing in the construction of low income tax credit housing. Jonathan has practical experience in all levels of real estate including acquisition, entitlement, relocation, construction and asset management. Jonathan has also worked directly with local government agencies including the Los Angeles Housing Department, Community Redevelopment Agency and the Los Angeles City Council.
J.D., Loyola Law School
cum laude, Order of the Coif
M.B.A., Loyola Marymount University
B.A., University of California at Davis
Economics, High Honors
- Represented a privately held electronics company based in Hong Kong with subsidiaries in China, Germany, India, United Arab Emirates, British Virgin Islands and the United States in a complex equity buyout and issuance of Series A Preferred Stock.
- Represented a globally established Italian restaurant franchise in a successful private equity offering for the master development of franchisee restaurants throughout the United States
- Represented an institutional real estate investment company in the successful purchase of a $40M bank note secured by an 800,000 square foot industrial park.
- Provide ongoing counsel to a private lending real estate fund in a $50M private equity offering.
- Represented a nationally recognized spa and wellness center relating to the negotiation and preparation of a private placement memorandum and related private equity documents
Jonathan’s publishing credits include: “Receiver’s Role - Who Plays this Part in the Distressed Property Drama” Commercial Investment Real Estate Magazine (June 2010). Jonathan has also co-hosted numerous distressed real estate seminars including serving as a speaker for Urban Land Institute’s the “Fundamentals of Receivership.