Joshua Mogin is a partner at Raines Feldman LLP and heads the real estate finance practice group. Josh is a real estate attorney with over 15 years of experience representing institutional lenders, financial institutions, developers, special servicers, rating agencies, insurance companies, credit unions, hotels and property owners in financing, securitization, construction financing, agency lenders, mezzanine financing, loan restructurings, foreclosures, acquisitions and dispositions. Joshua works with each of his clients to provide sound advice which enables them to efficiently and effectively close transactions.
Joshua's real estate practice includes all aspects of real estate financing. Joshua also has extensive experience in distressed real estate transactions including the implementation of financed note sale programs, loan sales and acquisition, receiverships and the sale of REO properties.
Prior to joining Raines Feldman LLP, Joshua practiced in New York at Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP and Dechert LLP, and was a partner at Buchalter Nemer in Los Angeles.
Joshua's practice also includes entertainment and corporate financing, including the representation of banks and private financing companies.
J.D., New York University School of Law
M.A., Stanford University
B.A., Stanford University
State Bar of New York
- Represented numerous CMBS lenders in the origination of hundreds of securitized loans.
- Represented construction lenders in numerous transactions throughout the United States.
- Represented agency lenders in numerous Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac transactions (including the financing of Paradise Cove in Malibu).
- Represented a bank in over 200 financed note sales.
- Represented a national rating agency in connection with the securitization of hundreds of loans (including the World Trade Center).
- Represented special servicers in loan modifications, foreclosures and receiverships.
- Represented numerous borrowers in the financing of properties with CMBS lenders, insurance companies, portfolio lenders and regional banks.
- Negotiated numerous purchase and sale agreements for all types of REO properties throughout Southern California.
An occasional lecturer and author, Joshua has been quoted and published in the Los Angeles Daily Journal and Credit Magazine. He is a featured speaker at UCLA.
Joshua's community involvement includes the representation of local charter schools in connection with their real estate needs.