Laith D. Mosely
Laith Mosely is a partner at Raines Feldman LLP, and a trial attorney. He has taken cases to juries in federal and state courts and dispatched others through dispositive motions. Before joining Raines Feldman, Laith was an attorney at Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP.
Laith’s practice focuses on business litigation. He has significant experience with intellectual property, contract, unfair competition, defamation, white collar defense, entertainment, antitrust, mass tort, insurance, securities, and real estate litigation. Laith has also guided clients to successful resolutions in a variety of administrative and non-judicial forums including the United States International Trade Commission, arbitrations, and mediations. In 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017 Super Lawyers Magazine selected Laith as a "Southern California Rising Star."
J.D., Georgetown University Law Center
Global Law Scholar
Fulbright Fellow, Damascus, Syria
University of Damascus, College of Law L’Institut Français d’Études Arabes de Damas, literature
B.A., University of California at Berkeley
magna cum laude, Political Science and Middle East Studies
United States Courts of Appeal:
United States District Courts:
Central District of California
Northern District of Ohio
Southern District of Florida
Southern District of California
Southern District of New York
- Represented manufacturer and retailer of home and garden consumer products in design patent litigation.
- Obtained highly favorable settlement in insurance recovery litigation against AIG subsidiary for bad faith failure to defend, days before trial.
- Obtained dismissal with prejudice of complaint for breach of contract, fraud, conversion, and unjust enrichment relating to the sale of merchandise.
- On behalf of real estate investors and managers, obtained complete summary judgment on fraud, unjust enrichment, interference with contract, constructive trust, and civil RICO claims.
- On behalf of new media companies, obtained dismissals of copyright infringement actions in Ohio, New York, and California federal courts.
- On behalf of Dubai World, obtained a complete defense verdict on allegations of fraud, abuse of process, false imprisonment and defamation after a two-week jury trial in federal court in the Southern District of Florida. Obtained dismissal of claims prior to trial by motion to dismiss, and damages award on a counterclaim by motion for summary judgment.
- On behalf of San Diego Gas & Electric and Sempra Energy, mediated property damage claims arising from the 2007 San Diego wildfires, successfully resolving over 100 separate claims for uninsured losses and related damages.
- Represented the University of Southern California in the successful exclusion of a lost profits expert’s testimony on damages claimed to exceed $1 billion. The California Supreme Court upheld the exclusion in a landmark unanimous decision.
- Represented Los Angeles businessman in RICO case brought by the U.S. Attorney’s Office obtaining dismissal of certain charges pre-trial. Post-trial motions based on government misconduct resulted in dismissal of all remaining charges.
- Represented global telecommunications company in worldwide IP litigation against Qualcomm over cellular telephony patents and related licensing.
American Bar Association