Media and Motion Picture Finance
The media and motion picture industries are a highly sophisticated, dynamic and relationship-driven industry, with unique business practices and risks and legal issues. Successful businesses in the industry require knowledgeable, experienced legal representation with a business mindset and a base of relationships in the industry to assist them in navigating those issues and maximizing their business opportunities. With experience representing media and motion picture lenders, other financiers and investors, as well as production companies, sales agents and distributors, our attorneys have a comprehensive understanding of the business so that they are able to provide effective and practical advice to our clients to assist them in achieving their business goals.
Our media and motion picture practice area includes attorneys that have law firm and in-house legal experiences, as well as experience in operating and managing independent motion picture companies. This broad based experience, coupled with our attorneys’ ability to draw upon the talents of our other practice groups, gives us the ability to negotiate and manage complex corporate and finance transactions in the industry, as well as acting as “general counsel” and “business affairs executive” to our clients.
Attorneys in our motion picture area provide advice to its industry clients on the following types of matters:
- Corporate debt and equity financings
- Motion picture 'slate' structures
- Strategic partnerships and joint ventures
- Single picture production loans and mezzanine financings
- Single picture equity investments and co-production arrangements
- P&A investment structures
- Motion picture packaging and financial structuring
- Distribution agreements and strategies
- Operation and management of motion picture companies
- Mergers and acquisitions