Rachael H. Berman is a veteran business litigator and trial lawyer. She represents clients in a broad range of business litigation disputes, including complex commercial, corporate and business litigation, and class actions. Ms. Berman has significant experience representing clients in both state and federal court, in matters involving financial institutions, mortgage banking institutions, complex real estate fraud, commercial and residential lease disputes, receiverships, creditors’ rights, professional negligence, and bankruptcy. Ms. Berman handles all aspects of litigation with attention to detail and to clients’ needs. She develops litigation strategy regarding factual and legal issues. She is well-versed in handling discovery, depositions, pre and post-trial motions, mediation and settlement conferences, trials and appeals.
Ms. Berman also provides her clients with legal advice and assistance on issues including risk management, negotiation and dispute resolution, employee matters, and business governance, with the aim of helping her clients avoid litigation where possible.
J.D., Hastings College of the Law
B.A., University of California Los Angeles
Psychology, Phi Beta Kappa, Magna Cum Laude, College Honors
All Federal District Courts for State of California
Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Part of trial team that obtained a defense verdict in a lawsuit against a bank for breach of contract, fraud, and breach of the covenant of good faith and fair dealing regarding a $9 million construction loan
- Part of trial team that obtained a $2.4 million judgment in favor of gold-buyer client in a false advertising, unfair competition, Lanham Act case
- Prosecuted action against appraiser and appraisal company for negligent or fraudulent appraisal of a multi-million dollar luxury residence, and negotiated a favorable settlement for the client
- Obtained a defense verdict on summary judgment in lawsuit against lender for violations of the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act and the Truth in Lending Act
- Handled all aspects of a Multi-District Litigation involving a subclass of claims regarding violations of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and was part of a team that successfully negotiated a settlement
California Receiver’s Forum
Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles