Richard J. Decker (“Richie”) is a partner at Raines Feldman LLP and is chair of and heads the firm's Health Care Industry Group. He has over thirty years of successful experience in this field, regularly defending against multi-million dollar claims and obtaining multi-million dollar awards. In addition to health care issues, Richie has considerable expertise in matters that pertain to the real estate, entertainment and sports industries. Among numerous high profile cases, Richard served as one of three lead trial lawyers in the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim in City of Anaheim v. Angels Baseball LP name change case.
J.D., Boston University School of Law
B.A., Union College
State Bar of New York
Bar of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
United States District Courts for the Central
Southern and Northern Districts of California
- Represents numerous major health care organizations in a wide variety of managed care, provider and other business disputes
- Represents major banks and other lending institutions against consumer claims
- One of three lead trial lawyers for Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim in City of Anaheim v. Angels Baseball LP name change case
- Obtained and defended against multiple multi-million dollar verdicts/judgments/awards in health care and general business disputes
- Regularly settles multi-million dollar health care and general business disputes
- Trauma Contract Ambiguities Can Potentially Cost Health Plans Big Money (Health Plan & Provider, BNA, Inc., Vol. 14, No. 14)
- Hospital Claims Submitted to Health Plans: Timely Or Not, That is The Question (Health Plan & Provider, BNA, Inc., Vol. 14, No. 11)
- Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating of "AV"
- Southern California Super Lawyer (2007 - 2017)
Author of Baseball Opening Day Memories Blog based on personal interviews with former and current Major League players about their most memorable Opening Day experiences. Avid baseball and hockey fan. Somewhat competent guitarist.