Stephen Farkas is an experienced trial attorney who has tried cases before judges and juries in both state and federal court. Stephen has represented clients in a broad range of matters, including commercial disputes, trade secrets, covenants not to compete, unfair competition, defamation, trade libel, digital privacy, breach of fiduciary duties, breach of contract, product liability and anti-SLAPP law. He has represented multi-national clients and litigated cases in various high-risk jurisdictions throughout the country, including Connecticut, Illinois, Texas, Arizona, Nevada and New York. Stephen also has extensive experience in all forms of alternative dispute resolution and has achieved successful results for clients in arbitrations and mediations. Prior to joining Raines Feldman, Stephen was an attorney at the international law firm of K&L Gates, LLP.
J.D., Emory University School of Law
M.M., University of Southern California, Los Angeles
B.A., University of Southern California, Los Angeles
B.M., University of Southern- California, Los Angeles
United States District Courts for the Central and Southern Districts of California
- Recovered over $750,000 for a medical device manufacturer through a breach of contract action.
- Won a six figure verdict for a group of small business owners after a 3-day bench trial.
- Obtained summary judgment for defendant on all claims in a case alleging fraudulent transfer of business assets valued in excess of $3,000,000.
- Successfully prosecuted claims on behalf of minority shareholders in corporate disputes, including obtaining an accounting on behalf of minority shareholders of a medical corporation.
- Negotiated resolution of all claims with the Federal Trade Commission on behalf of an individual who had been accused of false advertising.
- Defended an industrial valve manufacturer against product liability claims in a Federal MDL.
- Recovered inventory of specialized marine engine equipment for a finance company through a writ of possession.
- Represented clients in real estate disputes involving breach of contract, fraud and land use issues
- Successfully defended a major fitness equipment manufacturer against multi-million dollar breach of warranty and product liability claims.
- Successfully defended a retail business owner against a sexual harassment claim by a former employee.
In 2009, 2010 and 2012, Stephen was selected as a “Southern California Rising Star” by Super Lawyers Magazine.
Los Angeles County Bar Association
Beverly Hills Bar Association
Orange County Bar Association
Board Member New Valley Symphony Orchestra
Young Musician’s Foundation Music Advisory Board Member