Hamid R. Rafatjoo has over twenty years of experience representing clients in complex transactions and reorganizations throughout the United States. He counsels companies and individuals in a variety of industries, including healthcare, retail, restaurant, manufacturing, entertainment, real estate, and hospitality. He has represented entrepreneurs, small family owned businesses as well as companies with over a billion in revenue. Hamid advises clients on a wide array of matters including business formation and corporate restructuring, debt and equity transactions and workouts, acquisitions and sales, and structuring and amending key contracts. He has extensive experience assisting clients across a broad spectrum of legal issues relating to corporate transactions, shareholder disputes, and litigation management. Hamid is recognized as an aggressive results-oriented practitioner. He has also served as the court appointed Chapter 11 trustee in various cases in the Central District of California.
Hamid holds an AV® Preeminent Peer Rating, Martindale-Hubbell’s highest recognition for ethical standards and legal ability. He has also been named a “Super Lawyer” every year since 2007 in a peer survey conducted by Law & Politics and the publishers of Los Angeles magazine, an honor bestowed on only 5% of Southern California attorneys. Hamid has been ranked by the preeminent publication Chambers USA for his work in the field of Bankruptcy/Restructuring in California.
From 1995—1996, Hamid served as the Law Clerk for the Honorable John E. Ryan, United States Bankruptcy Judge for the Central District of California.
Prior to joining Raines Feldman LLP, Hamid was a partner at Pachulski Stang Ziehl & Jones LLP and at Venable LLP.
Publications, Recognitions and Speaking Engagements
- Leaders in Law 2021 Finalist, Los Angeles Business Journal (2021)
- Seven Raines Feldman Attorneys Named to 2023 Best Lawyers Guide
- LA Times Quotes Raines Feldman Bankruptcy Partner on Challenge to Sale of LA’s Most Expensive Home
- The Los Angeles Business Journal Recognized Three Raines Feldman Attorneys as Leaders in Law
- Partners Camilla Chan and Hamid R. Rafatjoo Named in the LA Business Journal’s 2021 Minority Leaders of Influence: Attorneys