Shaun’s practice focuses on real estate transactions, including acquisitions, dispositions, leasing, and financing. He regularly represents a wide range of clients including developers, purchasers and sellers of commercial real estate assets, as well as landlords and tenants for retail, industrial and office space. He has successfully handled the acquisition, leasing and disposition of numerous real estate projects, as well as the negotiation of loan documents and title matters in connection with such matters.
He also dedicates a substantial portion of this practice to the hospitality and food and beverage industry, representing major hotels, developers, restaurateurs and operators in complex management agreements, consulting agreements, leases, licenses and other operational arrangements.
Prior to joining Raines Feldman LLP, he was a member of the real estate department of Troy & Gould, and was most recently a partner at Rosenfeld, Wolff & Klein where he practiced for nearly twenty years.
SIGNIFICANT ENGAGEMENTS & TRANSACTIONS
- Representation of a prestigious talent management firm in the leasing of their headquarters in Beverly Hills, California.
- Representation of a medical management company in the leasing of their multi-floor headquarters office space of approximately 50,000 square feet.
- Representation of landlords in the negotiation of multiple leases with national “big box” retailers.
- Representation of various private real estate firms and developers in the acquisition and disposition of retail, industrial and office spaces, including associated financing.
- Representation of a private real estate developer in the purchase of a portfolio of properties, each of which was anchored by a national bank tenant.
- Representation of several hotel developments, including major hotel projects in Las Vegas, Nevada, in structuring and negotiating agreements with operators of various food and beverage, nightclub and other hospitality operations.
- Representation of numerous celebrity chefs and restaurant operators, both nationwide and internationally, in leases, licenses, management agreements and consulting arrangements.
- Representation of restaurant and retail clients in the roll-out of locations nationwide.