Derek D. Dundas is Chair of the firm’s National Corporate Practice. He represents public and private companies ranging in size from emerging growth to large, publicly-held multinationals. He is experienced across industry sectors, including technology, financial services, automotive, manufacturing, and travel and leisure.
Clients rely on Derek to structure, negotiate, and document deals for acquirers and target companies and also advises on a wide range of general corporate and securities matters and capital markets. His transactional work includes public company mergers, leveraged buyouts and private acquisitions. He also represents issuers, private equity firms and investment banks in public and private debt and equity offerings.
- Represented buyers and sellers in numerous acquisitions.
- Represented issuers and investing institutions in venture capital and private placement investment transactions.
- Represented issuers in various initial public offerings and secondary offerings of equity, debt and convertible securities.
- Represented underwriters in initial public offerings, secondary offerings and private securities placements.
- Represented both the acquiring and acquired companies in SEC-registered mergers of public companies and stock-for-stock acquisitions by public companies.
- Represented public companies in SEC reporting, proxy statements and registration of equity compensation plans.
- Counseled private companies about internal governance and restructuring matters.
- Counseled public companies on going private transactions.
Publications, Recognitions and Speaking Engagements
- Leaders in Law 2021 Nominee, Los Angeles Business Journal (2021)
- Co-speaker, “Catching the Wave: Opportunities in the Post-Covid M&A Market,” Troutman Pepper and GF Data State of the Market Roundtable, July 13, 2021.
- Best Lawyers in America®: Mergers and Acquisitions Law (2021)