Laith D. Mosely is a partner at Raines Feldman LLP and a trial attorney. He has taken cases to juries in federal and state courts and dispatched others through dispositive motions. Before joining Raines Feldman, Laith practiced at Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
Laith focuses on business litigation. He has significant experience with intellectual property, contract, unfair competition, defamation, white-collar defense, entertainment, antitrust, mass tort, insurance, securities, and real estate litigation. He has also guided clients to successful resolutions in a variety of administrative and non-judicial forums including the United States International Trade Commission, arbitrations, and mediations.
Significant Engagements & Transactions
- Obtained highly favorable settlement in insurance recovery litigation against AIG subsidiary for bad faith failure to defend and indemnify, days before trial.
- Obtained dismissal with prejudice of complaint for breach of contract, fraud, conversion, and unjust enrichment relating to the sale of merchandise in federal court by preliminary motion practice.
- On behalf of digital media companies, obtained dismissals of copyright infringement actions in Ohio, New York, and California federal courts.
- On behalf of Dubai World, obtained a complete defense verdict on allegations of fraud, abuse of process, false imprisonment and defamation after a two-week jury trial in federal court in the Southern District of Florida. Obtained dismissal of claims prior to trial by motion to dismiss, and damages award on a counterclaim by motion for summary judgment.
- On behalf of San Diego Gas & Electric and Sempra Energy, mediated property damage claims arising from the 2007 San Diego wildfires, successfully resolving over 100 separate claims for uninsured losses and related damages.
- Represented the University of Southern California in the successful exclusion of a lost profits expert’s testimony on damages claimed to exceed $1 billion. The California Supreme Court upheld the exclusion in a landmark unanimous decision.
- Represented businessman in RICO case brought by the U.S. Attorney’s Office obtaining dismissal of certain charges pre-trial. Post-trial motions based on government misconduct resulted in dismissal of all remaining charges.
- Represented global telecommunications company in worldwide IP litigation against Qualcomm over cellular telephony patents and related licensing.
- On behalf of real estate investors and managers, obtained complete summary judgment on fraud, unjust enrichment, interference with contract, constructive trust, and civil RICO claims.
- Represented blockchain technology company in contract dispute.
- Represented video game developer in contract and related disputes.
- Obtained favorable settlement in real estate actions, including against Bank of America, after defeating motions for summary judgment.
- Represent Galaxy Theatres in bad faith failure to indemnify action against Fortune 500 insurance company and other defendants, and professional negligence claims against a registered agent and the insurer’s third-party administrator.
- Represent MedMen in investor dispute and related matters.
- Represent General Electric in patent litigation regarding wind turbine technologies.
- Represent Julien’s Auctions in various arbitrations and litigation involving street art, consignor disputes, and breaches of contract.
- Represent Belkin in litigation involving unauthorized resale of items on Amazon and other digital marketplaces.
- Represent entities in various actions involving digital data security and related breaches.
- Represent real estate investors, brokers, and agents, in litigation involving partnership disputes, breaches of contract, embezzlement, fraud, and related issues.