Laith D. Mosely is a partner at Raines Feldman Littrell and a trial attorney. He has taken cases to juries in federal and state courts and dispatched others through dispositive motions. Before joining Raines Feldman Littrell, Laith practiced at Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
Laith focuses on business litigation. He has significant experience with intellectual property, contract, unfair competition, defamation, white-collar defense, entertainment, antitrust, mass tort, insurance, securities, and real estate litigation. He has also guided clients to successful resolutions in a variety of administrative and non-judicial forums including the United States International Trade Commission, arbitrations, and mediations.
- Obtained judgment for restauranteur in multi-week multi-party bench trial to successfully exercise option and purchase rights.
- Obtained jury trial verdict for plaintiff in real estate company dispute and dissolution, including verdict for fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, and punitive damages.
- Represented aerospace and defense technology company in sensitive international matter involving personnel in Middle East.
- Provided consultancy services for multinational drink and brewing company related to sponsorship of 2022 FIFA World Cup in Qatar.
- Represented investment company for the Government of Dubai and obtained complete defense verdict on allegations of fraud, defamation, abuse of process, and false imprisonment in multi-week jury trial in Southern District of Florida. Obtained dismissal of claims prior to trial by motion to dismiss and obtained damages award on counterclaim by motion for summary judgment.
- Obtained settlement in insurance recovery litigation against AIG subsidiary for bad faith failure to defend and indemnify, days before trial.
- Obtained settlement in insurance recovery litigation on behalf of Galaxy Theatres in bad faith failure to indemnify action against Fortune 500 insurance company.
- Obtained dismissal with prejudice of complaint for breach of contract, fraud, conversion, and unjust enrichment relating to the sale of goods by preliminary motion practice.
- Obtained dismissals of copyright infringement actions in Ohio, New York, and California on behalf of digital media companies.
- Resolved property damage claims arising from wildfires, successfully mediating over 100 separate claims for uninsured losses and related damages.
- Represented University of Southern California in the successful exclusion of a lost profits expert’s testimony on damages claimed to exceed $1 billion. The California Supreme Court upheld the exclusion in a landmark unanimous decision.
- Represented businessman in RICO case brought by U.S. Attorney’s Office obtaining dismissal of certain charges pre-trial. Post-trial motions based on government misconduct resulted in dismissal of all remaining charges.
- Represented Nokia in worldwide IP litigation against Qualcomm over cellular telephony patents and related licensing.
- Represented General Electric in patent litigation regarding wind turbine technologies.
- Obtained defense verdict in jury trial on behalf of real estate investors and managers. Obtained summary judgment on fraud, unjust enrichment, interference with contract, constructive trust, and civil RICO claims.
- Represented blockchain technology company in contract dispute.
- Represented video game developers in contract and related disputes.
- Defeated summary judgment and then obtained favorable settlement terms in real estate action against Bank of America.
- Represented MedMen in investor disputes.
- Represented cannabis business investor in dispute over dispensary and cultivation venture in Central Coastal California.
- Represented Julien’s Auctions in various arbitrations and litigation involving street art, consignor disputes, and breaches of contract.
- Represented Belkin in litigation involving unauthorized resale of items on Amazon and other digital marketplaces.
- Represented entities in various actions involving digital data security and related breaches.
- Represented real estate investors, brokers, and agents, in litigation involving partnership disputes, breaches of contract, embezzlement, fraud, and related issues.