Laith D. Mosely is a partner at Raines Feldman LLP and a trial attorney. He has taken cases to juries in federal and state courts and dispatched others through dispositive motions. Before joining Raines Feldman, Laith was an attorney at Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
Laith’s practice focuses on business litigation. He has significant experience with intellectual property, contract, unfair competition, defamation, white-collar defense, entertainment, antitrust, mass tort, insurance, securities, and real estate litigation. Laith has also guided clients to successful resolutions in a variety of administrative and non-judicial forums including the United States International Trade Commission, arbitrations, and mediations.
Significant Engagements & Transactions
- Obtained highly favorable settlement in insurance recovery litigation against AIG subsidiary for bad faith failure to defend and indemnify, days before trial.
- Obtained dismissal with prejudice of complaint for breach of contract, fraud, conversion, and unjust enrichment relating to the sale of merchandise in federal court by preliminary motion practice.
- On behalf of digital media companies, obtained dismissals of copyright infringement actions in Ohio, New York, and California federal courts.
- On behalf of Dubai World, obtained a complete defense verdict on allegations of fraud, abuse of process, false imprisonment and defamation after a two-week jury trial in federal court in the Southern District of Florida. Obtained dismissal of claims prior to trial by motion to dismiss, and damages award on a counterclaim by motion for summary judgment.
- On behalf of San Diego Gas & Electric and Sempra Energy, mediated property damage claims arising from the 2007 San Diego wildfires, successfully resolving over 100 separate claims for uninsured losses and related damages.
- Represented the University of Southern California in the successful exclusion of a lost profits expert’s testimony on damages claimed to exceed $1 billion. The California Supreme Court upheld the exclusion in a landmark unanimous decision.
- Represented businessman in RICO case brought by the U.S. Attorney’s Office obtaining dismissal of certain charges pre-trial. Post-trial motions based on government misconduct resulted in dismissal of all remaining charges.
- Represented global telecommunications company in worldwide IP litigation against Qualcomm over cellular telephony patents and related licensing.
- On behalf of real estate investors and managers, obtained complete summary judgment on fraud, unjust enrichment, interference with contract, constructive trust, and civil RICO claims.
- Represented blockchain technology company in contract dispute.
- Represented video game developer in contract and related disputes.
- Obtained favorable settlement in real estate actions, including against Bank of America, after defeating motions for summary judgment.
- Represent Galaxy Theatres in bad faith failure to indemnify action against Fortune 500 insurance company and other defendants, and professional negligence claims against a registered agent and the insurer’s third-party administrator.
- Represent MedMen in investor dispute and related matters.
- Represent General Electric in patent litigation regarding wind turbine technologies.
- Represent Julien’s Auctions in various arbitrations and litigation involving street art, consignor disputes, and breaches of contract.
- Represent Belkin in litigation involving unauthorized resale of items on Amazon and other digital marketplaces.
- Represent entities in various actions involving digital data security and related breaches.
- Represent real estate investors, brokers, and agents, in litigation involving partnership disputes, breaches of contract, embezzlement, fraud, and related issues.